Are you passionate about creating quality software and looking for a position with access to big data and the latest cloud technologies? As a global metasearch platform, trivago is an engineer's dream come true.
We are looking for a Cloud Data Engineer to join our new B2B team as we support the travel rebound with our data and tech. In this role, you will be responsible for creating innovative data products for our partners. We are a small team within trivago and operate as a startup. We don’t have strictly defined roles or responsibilities. We get involved in all aspects of development and help each other. Most importantly, we get things done!
Will this be your next adventure? We are looking forward to your application!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
How you'll make an impact:
- Design and develop trivago's B2B data products.
- Convert concepts from the data science team into real world solutions.
- Create software and data pipelines to extract value from trivago’s data.
- Improve the reliability and general quality of our data products.
- Work with the many innovative travel tech companies helping them build on top of our data.
Our technology stack:
- Google Cloud: BigQuery, Spark, Airflow
- Kubernetes, Prometheus, Elastic Search
- Hadoop technologies: Hive, Impala, HDFS
- Terraform, GitHub Actions
- Python and associated technologies
What we're looking for:
- At least 3 years' hands-on experience in the software development or data engineering field.
- Experience in modern development processes e.g. agile methodologies, CD/CI, and PR review processes.
- Proficiency in Python programming and relevant packages of its ecosystem.
- Experience working with SQL.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and a motivation for continuous learning.
- Passion for learning more about software engineering and data topics and sharing learnings with the team.
- Confidence in presenting ideas and findings to stakeholders with the right level of detail.
What makes you stand out:
- Experience with data pipelines and data engineering tools.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure.
- Interest in working in a small and fast-moving team and getting involved in multiple aspects of the product creation.
Don’t let these nice-to-haves stop you from applying for the job! As long as you have relevant experience and the right attitude, we’d love to hear from you.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 4 days in the office per month and the rest at home. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, insurance, work permit and visa questions.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note from our recruitment team:
We know that applying for a new job can be both exciting and intimidating, but don’t worry, we’ve got you. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. You can also find out more about our hiring process here. We look forward to your application!