Are you an intrinsically curious data scientist looking for the opportunity to utilize your knowledge of big data and the freedom to create your own models? As a global metasearch platform, trivago is a data-lover's dream come true.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join us as we champion the travel rebound with our data, science, and tech. We are a small team within trivago and operate as a startup. We don’t have strictly defined roles or responsibilities. We get involved in all aspects of development and help each other. Most importantly, we get things done.
Curious to learn more? Then read on!
Get an inside look at data science at trivago:
How you will make an impact:
- Design and develop trivago's B2B data products.
- Create models to predict demand and occupancy in any hotel across the world.
- Work with the engineering team on the latest technologies in the data field.
- Monitor performance of the models and improve them interactively.
- Work with the many innovative travel tech companies, helping them build on top of our data.
Our technology stack:
- Cloud technologies: BigQuery, Spark, Airflow, Cloud Storage, Cloud Functions.
- Hadoop technologies: Hive, Impala, HDFS.
- Programming languages: Python, R.
- ML Packages: anything you think that fits.
What we are looking for:
- At least 3 years' hands-on experience in a data science related field.
- An exceptional understanding of predictive analytics and experience working in either an academic or industry context.
- Proficiency in Python programming and relevant data manipulation packages in these languages (e.g. pandas).
- Experience working with SQL.
- A belief that high quality Data Science work can only be achieved by understanding the fundamentals, being meticulous, and paying attention to details.
- Motivation to continuously learn more about Data Science and adjacent fields and share those learnings with the team.
- Confidence in presenting ideas and findings to stakeholders with the right level of detail.
What makes you stand out:
- Experience with forecasting techniques.
- Experience running machine learning models in production.
- Interest in working in a small and fast-moving team and getting involved in multiple aspects of the product creation.
Don’t let these nice-to-haves stop you from applying for the job! As long as you have relevant experience and the right attitude, we’d love to hear from you.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 4 days in the office per month and the rest at home. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, insurance, work permit and visa questions.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note from our recruitment team:
We know that applying for a new job can be both exciting and intimidating, but don’t worry, we’ve got you. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. You can also find out more about our hiring process here. We look forward to your application!