How you’ll make an impact:
- Conduct research of US GAAP accounting standards, evaluate their applicability on current and relevant accounting topics.
- Prepare documentation and liaise with external stakeholders on technical accounting interpretations and conclusions.
- Lead projects with internal stakeholders to ensure accurate accounting for complex transactions and lead implementation of new accounting requirements.
- Assess the impact of new accounting pronouncements and reporting guidance to ensure compliance.
- Support the financial reporting team in the preparation of financial statement disclosures for quarterly and annual reporting.
- Create new and review existing accounting policies to ensure that robust documentation and governance processes are in place.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to explain new and complex technical accounting concepts, including spearheading accounting topic training sessions.
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- 5+ years’ of experience, preferably within a publicly-listed company and/or large public accounting firm.
- Profound understanding of US GAAP accounting standards and theory, with prior experience on research and application.
- Fluent in English, with excellent documentation and writing skills.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and desire to work proactively and independently.
- Ability to interpret and communicate complex accounting topics to both accountants and non-accountants.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize quickly, organize team dynamics, deliver results, and take the lead on projects.
- Desire to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun, and dynamic environment.
What makes you stand out:
- PA license in US GAAP/IFRS preferred.
- IFRS and German GAAP knowledge an advantage but not required.
- Practical financial reporting experience would make you stand out.
- Strong understanding of income tax provisions and related disclosures will be a bonus.
- Command of German advantageous.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 4 days in the office per month and the rest at home. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, insurance, work permit and visa questions.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note from our recruitment team:
We know that applying for a new job can be both exciting and intimidating, but don’t worry, we’ve got you. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find out more about our hiring process here. We look forward to your application!