Are you a UX writer with experience in user research and looking for the opportunity to grow in a fast-paced environment? Are you passionate about usability, accessibility, and the power of the written word?
Our User Research team is on the lookout for a skilled UX Copywriter. In your role, you will work across teams to help millions of users have a great experience searching for accommodation on trivago. You will apply your knowledge to optimize copy for our website across several languages.
If you’re looking for a position with great growth potential that will not only challenge your writing skills, but also develop your knowledge of research and design, read on!
How you’ll make an impact:
- Create UX copy for feature development and test it for learnings and optimization.
- Work with UX Designers and Researchers on copy for prototype usability testing, or identify copy areas to examine in testing.
- Collaborate with the Translation & Localization team to align UX copy with internationalization best practices.
- Develop, maintain, and evolve the tone & voice of our UX copy, working with communication, brand, marketing, and product teams.
- Create and evolve tools for UX writing and education such as the style guide and UX copy workshops.
- Advocate for and integrate accessibility best practices into UX copy created for trivago.
Please note: Applications without a cover letter will not be considered
What we're looking for:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in UX writing (content strategy/content design), preferably within digital product development.
- Experience in user testing and understanding of UX Research methods.
- Native-level English skills.
- Excellent editorial and communication skills.
- Ability to stay organized, prioritize, and be solution-oriented in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with internationalization best practices.
What makes you stand out:
- Experience with translation management.
- Background (academic or professional) in UX Research and testing.
- Experience or passionate interest in the topic of accessibility in digital products/inclusive design.
Don’t let these nice-to-haves stop you from applying for the job! As long as you have relevant experience and the right attitude, we’d love to hear from you.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 4 days in the office per month and the rest at home. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, insurance, work permit and visa questions.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note from our recruitment team:
We know that applying for a new job can be both exciting and intimidating, but don’t worry, we’ve got you. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find out more about our hiring process here. We look forward to your application!