At trivago we use the latest innovative technologies to empower our users to find their ideal hotel 100 times per second, across 55 different locales world-wide and in 33 different languages.
We're looking for an experienced User Research Lead with a track record of embedding research at the heart of product development, who has clear understanding of leadership with the ability to drive strategic, foundational, and evaluative research.
You'll be responsible for the user research team’s development, productivity and value production, and represent user research across the organization and within leadership groups. Our company strategy is focused on user centricity – you will be in a unique position to collaborate with the product team, help inform strategic priorities, and make impact on a product used by millions of users.
Join our team of entrepreneurs from 80 different nationalities! We'd love to hear from you.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Embed research at the heart of product development.
- Help product teams run their own continuous discovery.
- Provide research insights and findings and collaborate with Product to include these in our product strategy, OKRs and opportunity-solution trees.
- Help teams to understand risk and how much research is needed (when to move fast, when to go deep).
- Represent user research across the organization and within strategy rounds.
- Demonstrate the impact of our work through both qualitative and quantitative UX metrics.
- Guide, grow and develop user research skills and discipline.
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of industry experience in UX research with at least one year experience managing other UX researchers.
- Skills in embedding research at the core of strategy and product development in a commercial environment
- Experience collaborating with a variety of (senior) stakeholders in a fast-paced tech product environment.
- Expertise in and passion for foundational research including diary studies, in-depth interviewing, contextual inquiry, and design ethnography.
- Solid understanding of quantitative methods and applications of quantitative research (UX metrics, benchmarking, measurement frameworks etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (our company language).
- Ability to synthesize different research data points and present overarching findings, hypotheses and recommendations.
What makes you stand out:
- Experience applying the jobs-to-be-done framework.
- Experience implementing research democratization and continuous discovery processes among product, design, and engineering stakeholders.
- Understanding of UX metrics and related frameworks e.g. HEART.
- Familiarity with A/B testing and experimentation, including concept testing and working with MVPs.
Don’t let these nice-to-haves stop you from applying for the job! As long as you have relevant experience and the right attitude, we’d love to hear from you.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 4 days in the office per month and the rest at home. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, insurance, work permit and visa questions.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note from our recruitment team:
We know that applying for a new job can be both exciting and intimidating, but don’t worry, we’ve got you. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find out more about our hiring process here. We look forward to your application!