As a Senior UX Researcher at trivago, you will design and execute user research studies by combining qualitative and quantitative methodologies in a fast-paced, agile and fun work environment. We’re looking for someone with a passion for mentoring others and a desire to impact product strategy. In this role, you will collaborate with product managers and designers to prioritize their research needs, conduct qualitative and quantitative research, and deliver impactful insights that help the teams meet our product and business goals. You'll also conduct both remote and in-person research using the latest methods and tools.
Why join our UX team? Find out from our UX unit lead:
How you’ll make an impact:
- Develop and lead complex, multi-method research projects.
- Collaborate with UX designers and product managers to understand research needs and work cross-functionally with other stakeholders including data scientists and engineers to gain deeper insights.
- Provide research insights delivering value to the relevant stakeholders.
- Inform stakeholders of product opportunities, user needs and pain points to include in our opportunity solution trees and OKRs.
- Enable product teams to run their own continuous discovery where designers, PMs and engineers conduct small research activities such as weekly user interviews.
- Be an advocate of our users and of UX research as a discipline throughout the company.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years' experience conducting qualitative and quantitative user research in a digital and agile product environment.
- Expertise in producing high-quality output such as research guides, reports, personas, user flows, user journey maps, prioritized usability issues, etc.
- Skill in planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and communicating research (in English).
- Solid understanding of and track record applying quantitative and qualitative research methods to drive product and business outcomes.
- Ability to creatively translate research findings into relevant insights for designers, product owners, and drive impact on product development.
- A passion for mentoring and supporting research conducted by other researchers or designers.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 4 days in the office per month and the rest at home. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, insurance, work permit and visa questions.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note from our recruitment team:
We know that applying for a new job can be both exciting and intimidating, but don’t worry, we’ve got you. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find out more about our hiring process here. We look forward to your application!