Our Global Procurement team manages end-to-end procurement processes to steer our strategy towards value-creating solutions for the company. We recognize that our external partners and vendors have a significant impact on our product and business success. Researching, negotiating and managing the vendors’ lifecycle allows us to unlock our partnerships’ full potential. We are looking for an experienced and driven IT Procurement Manager to manage a portfolio of vendors and contracts from selected categories like IT software and cloud services. As a strong negotiator, you will manage the vendors in our tech category and improve our strategic sourcing approach.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Manage a portfolio of vendors and contracts in our tech category.
- Oversee all aspects of the sourcing cycle from start to finish.
- Ensure fast action while keeping the P2P-process compliant.
- Contribute to a culture of continual improvement by challenging the status quo and bringing in your individual perspective.
- Evangelize best practices for vendor engagement.
- Cultivate and manage long-term strategic vendor relationships.
- Lead negotiations and biddings and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Drive the decision-making process by providing facts and figures to ensure the best possible outcome.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in procurement, ideally in the technology sector.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics or similar field
- Fluency in both written and spoken English language.
- An understanding of state-of-the-art technologies like Cloud Services and SaaS business models
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, and deliver results within the required timeframe.
- The drive to challenge the status quo and proactively improve inefficiencies.
What makes you stand out:
- Knowledge of data privacy laws and compliance methods such as SOC.
Don’t let these nice-to-haves stop you from applying for the job! As long as you have relevant experience and the right attitude, we’d love to hear from you
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 4 days in the office per month and the rest at home. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, insurance, work permit and visa questions.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note from our recruitment team:
We know that applying for a new job can be both exciting and intimidating, but don’t worry, we’ve got you. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. You can also find out more about our hiring process here. We look forward to your application!