Our Information Infrastructure team takes care of infrastructure projects among multiple teams in our verticals. We also operate our global network and maintain points of presence at various network exchanges. As a Lead Infrastructure Engineer, you will lead a team of 5 network and hosting professionals and provide guidance to grow the team. You will also make sure our network infrastructure is optimized and ready for the upcoming challenges. Together with your team, you will maintain and develop our internal container workload platform. Our ideal candidate has proven years of leadership experience and is skilled in networking and system administration.
Could you be a great fit for this role? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
How you’ll make an impact:
- Manage and coordinate a team of network and hosting professionals.
- Align with other infrastructure teams.
- Ensure our network and workload scheduling environment is well maintained.
- Drive key strategic projects like automation, container scheduling, and cloud connectivity.
- Maintain our global multi-homed network.
- Manage our IX presences and Cloud Interconnects.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years' work experience with demonstrated leadership experience.
- A pragmatic, value-oriented mindset to drive results in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills to adapt your communication style to many different situations.
- Proficiency in using Juniper routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Solid experience with Linux and or FreeBSD.
- Good experience using basic protocols like BGP. DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Experience in both IPv4 and IPv6.
- Expertise in automation using Ansible or Terraform.
- A proactive personality. We want you to speak your mind, think along with the team and ask questions.
What makes you stand out:
- Exposure to Nomad, Vault, Artifactory, Docker
- Experience working in agile methodologies.
- Experience using Aruba Wifi.
- A good understanding of Cloud technologies.
- A good eye for efficiency gains.
Don’t let these nice-to-haves stop you from applying for the job! As long as you have relevant experience and the right attitude, we’d love to hear from you.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 4 days in the office per month and the rest at home. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, insurance, work permit and visa questions.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note from our recruitment team:
We know that applying for a new job can be both exciting and intimidating, but don’t worry, we’ve got you. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. You can also find out more about our hiring process here. We look forward to your application!