trivago, a German travel tech company, is building an accommodation search platform to help millions of travelers find their ideal stay for a great value. We save our users time and empower them to get more out of travel by comparing accommodation from leading booking sites. Travelers come to trivago because they know they can rely on our metasearch platform to provide the best deals and deliver search results they love. To accomplish this, we work with a team of international talents eager to develop, take ownership for driving progress, and make a real difference.
With the travel industry being disrupted like never before, our mission is to drive the restart of the industry with our ability to adapt quickly and focus on our purpose: to empower people to get more out of life. To achieve this, we are looking for an experienced Network Engineer to join our team of 6 people and look after the overall operational health (Security, Availability, Performance & Reliability) of our network infrastructure, which serves millions of users across the world.
Get an inside look into tech at trivago:
How you'll make an impact:
- Maintain our global network infrastructure to ensure scalability and high availability
- Configure the network-gear for data centers and our office (Switches, Firewalls, Routers and VPN concentrators)
- Monitor and proactively maintain our network to prevent and improve deficiencies
- Advice and consult other teams and users on network-related topics
- Proactively resolve and perform root cause analysis for critical issues related to network infrastructure
- Share your technical know-how with other team members and document your solutions, concepts, and approaches for future reference
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years' work experience in Network Engineering
- Solid experience using Juniper routers, switches, and firewalls
- In-depth understanding of communication (mainly TCP/IP) and routing (e.g. BGP) protocols
- Experience in both IPv4 and IPv6
- Experience in automation (Ansible preferred) and using monitoring tools (e.g. LibreNMS, Zabbix)
- Experience with Linux and or FreeBSD
- A team player who enjoys collaborating with different people and sharing knowledge
- Fluent English language skills
What makes you stand out:
- Experience using Aruba Wifi
- Experience working with OpenVPN
- A good understanding of Cloud technologies
Don’t let these nice-to-haves stop you from applying for the job! As long as you have relevant experience and the right attitude, we’d love to hear from you.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
A note from our recruitment team:
We know that applying for a new job can be both exciting and intimidating, but don’t worry, we’ve got you. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find out more about our hiring process here. We look forward to your application!