trivago, a German travel tech company, is building an accommodation search platform to help millions of travelers find their ideal stay for a great value. We save our users time and empower them to get more out of travel by comparing accommodation from leading booking sites. Travelers come to trivago because they know they can rely on our metasearch platform to provide the best deals and deliver search results they love. To accomplish this, we work with a team of international talents eager to develop, take ownership for driving progress, and make a real difference.
Our Stays team is seeking an experienced Frontend Software Lead to join us and ensure the overall quality and functionality of our frontend products. As a Lead, you'll coach up to 8 software engineers, define the technical excellence of the team, and partner with other key stakeholders to translate technical requirements into solutions that enhance user experience and drive business growth. Our ideal candidate is someone who enjoys helping other people succeed, and is technically proficient in frontend technologies. Are you interested in working at the intersection of our product strategy and engineering teams? If you have a passion for travel and a desire to lead a team in creating innovative solutions, this opportunity awaits you.
Get an inside look at our engineering culture here.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Coach and mentor 3-8 software engineers (about 50% of the role), provide feedback, and identify training opportunities to help them grow
- Help your team to set individual goals and assess their value contribution to the business. You'll make a difference in the team by being a great guide and helping them succeed
- Take active part in the recruiting process, assess, and hire new frontend engineers
- Shape the technological excellence of your team in line with our core frontend strategy and framework by contributing your passion for technology and staying up to date with current trends
- Contribute hands-on to engineering projects (about 50% of the role) and be a role model of good engineering practices to maintain high code quality, reliability, security, robustness, and performance
- Collaborate with product managers and different stakeholders to combine different perspectives into a joint plan of action. You'll be the point of contact for frontend engineering topics on a broader scope
- Work with and promote a diverse, international group of engineers on our core product
What we’re looking for:
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers on best practices for frontend engineering
- A great communicator who can adapt their communication to different situations
- A collaborator and tech partner of product and design leads
- Prior experience with TypeScript
- Solid knowledge of modern technologies such as HTML/CSS and React
- A keen eye for people's talents. You know how to help people fulfil their potential at work
- An outgoing personality who knows how to create a welcoming, inclusive atmosphere where people can thrive and be themselves
What you can expect from life at trivago:
A note from our recruitment team:
We know that applying for a new job can be both exciting and intimidating, but don’t worry, we’ve got you. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find out more about our hiring process here. We look forward to your application!