trivago, a German travel tech company, is building an accommodation search platform to help millions of travelers find their ideal stay for a great value. We save our users time and empower them to get more out of travel by comparing accommodation from leading booking sites. Travelers come to trivago because they know they can rely on our metasearch platform to provide the best deals and deliver search results they love. To accomplish this, we work with a team of international talents eager to develop, take ownership for driving progress, and make a real difference.
We're looking for a Senior Engineering Lead to discover and deliver innovative improvements to our website architecture and engineering processes. In this role, you'll lead an engineering team on projects that daily affect millions of people globally. Your mission will be to enhance our engineering culture and ensure a great developer experience in the frontend teams by creating solid delivery practices. This opportunity is for someone looking to provide travelers with the best hotel search experience and take our core product engineering team to the next level. If you're up for the challenge, here's your chance.
Get an inside look at our engineering culture here.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Coach and mentor a group of 3-5 software engineering functional leads. You'll provide feedback and identify training opportunities to help them grow
- Help your team to set individual goals and assess their value contribution to the business. You'll make a difference in the team by being a great guide and helping them succeed
- Develop our engineering culture to ensure a great developer experience in the frontend teams and create solid delivery practices
- Take active part in the recruiting process, assess, and hire new frontend engineers and engineering leads
- Collaboratively shape the core frontend engineering strategy and framework by contributing your passion for technology and staying up to date with current trends
- Be a role model and advocate of good engineering practices to maintain high code quality, reliability, security, robustness, and performance
- Collaborate with product managers and different stakeholders to combine different perspectives into a joint plan of action. Be the point of contact for frontend engineering related topics.
- Contribute to large-scale projects that affect millions of daily users
- Work with and promote a diverse, international group of engineers on our core product
What we’re looking for:
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers on best practices for frontend engineering
- Prior experience with TypeScript
- A deep knowledge of HTML/CSS and React
- A keen eye for people's talents. You know how to help people fulfil their potential at work
- Ability to create a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere where people can be themselves and thrive
- Great communication skills; you can adapt your communication to many different situations
- A collaborator and tech partner of product and design leads
What you can expect from life at trivago:
A note from our recruitment team:
We know that applying for a new job can be both exciting and intimidating, but don’t worry, we’ve got you. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. You can also find out more about our hiring process here. We look forward to your application!