At trivago, we believe that finding the perfect hotel can be simpler and more convenient. Our leading metasearch engine is super fast and constantly optimized – enabling millions of travelers to easily search for hotels across several booking sites and find the best deals. Complemented by cutting-edge technology, real-time auction, and machine learning techniques, we use petabytes of data to create an exceptional user experience, delivering attractive hotel deals in one search. This experience is only made possible, thanks to our skilled talents united in our campus in Düsseldorf, Germany, and working to shape the future of travel.
Join us in making a difference
You'll play a critical role in ensuring the reliability, performance, and availability of both our user-facing and backend applications.
We're seeking an SRE Engineer who embodies the best practices and principles described by SRE methodology. As an interface between our Platform, DX, and Product teams, you'll design and maintain scalable infrastructure, advocate for our golden path among engineering teams, and actively gather feedback to optimize our tech stack. Your role is crucial in bridging platform development with application engineering for continuous technological advancement.
How you’ll make an impact:
You will spend time working closely with engineering teams. You will be influencing them in the process of systems design, implementation, release flow creation.
You will define SLOs and configure monitoring and alerting of new services, to ensure stable and reliable operations.
Most of our applications are containerised. Nevertheless, we see room to standardise release processes and configuration management across our applications. Your objetive will be to support us with that.
Educate the teams how to benefit from the standards agreed on across the organisation. Promote golden path solutions and discourage usage of inefficient custom made implementations.
Collaborate with Platform and DX teams on proof of concepts that introduce new elements to our tech stack, like Kyverno, config-connector, Knative, Keda and other components that can improve our ecosystem.
Use terraform (infrastructure as code) to provision cloud components needed by our services. This applies to new services as well as some legacy systems that were provisioned using GCP console.
You will be participating in the fully paid on-call rotation for a part of the trivago website.
Solid Google Cloud Platform knowledge and experience
IaC experience – Terraform
Experience in using Istio Service Mesh
Understanding of at least one programming language: Java/Kotlin, Golang, Rust, NodeJS. You should be able to explain what differentiates those languages.
Understanding of key concepts described in the SRE book by Google: Toil Reduction, Monitoring and Alerting, SLIs/SLOs/SLAs, Incident Management, Capacity Planning, Postmortem/Root cause analysis.
Our tech stack:
Kubernetes / Istio / ArgoCD / Docker
Thanos / Grafana / Honeycomb
GitHub / GitHub Actions / Jenkins
Google Cloud / Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
Kafka / Redis / MySQL
NodeJs / Kotlin / Java
HTTP / GRPC / GraphQL
React / Webpack
Worried about missing a few requirements? Still apply, and express your motivation as you may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
What you can look forward to:
- Enjoy flexible working hours and the generous time-off option offered through our self-determined vacation policy
- Savor your meals with a daily budget of 6.90€ for our canteen, complemented by free snacks and drinks on campus
- Settle in Düsseldorf with a relocation package suited to you (and your family's needs)
- Get started with an interest-free newcomer loan of up to 2000€ (Ts&Cs apply)
- Gain up to 1500€ as reward for referring your network and helping us make great hires (Ts&Cs apply)
- Save on commuting costs with a subsidized company ticket for public transportation and campus parking
- Stay fit and active using our free on-campus gym, complete with sports classes
- Support your development through free access to personal and professional coaches, and psychologists on Likeminded
- Access free online learning from platforms like Coursera and Frontend Masters
- Immerse yourself in legendary company events throughout the year
- Experience work-life balance with a hybrid model, spending 2 days per week working from home
- Satisfy your wanderlust with the opportunity to work from abroad for up to 20 days annually
- Work with cutting-edge technology and tools to enhance productivity
- Join educational campus meetups with colleagues and externals, fostering valuable learning and networking experiences
Thank you for considering a career at trivago! Our commitment to fostering an inclusive and enriching environment for all talents is at the heart of what we do. We understand that embarking on a new job opportunity is a blend of excitement and curiosity. Should any questions arise before you apply, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. Join us in our mission to make a positive impact on global travel, we look forward to your application!