When travelers are searching for a hotel, we want the obvious choice to be trivago! Our leading metasearch engine is super fast and constantly optimized – enabling millions of travelers to compare hotel prices from hundreds of booking sites and find great deals in just a few clicks. We use cutting-edge technology, real-time auction, and machine learning techniques with petabytes of data to create an experience – time and money saved! In the lively city of Düsseldorf, we seize opportunities to learn everyday, innovate, and make an enduring mark on the travel industry. At trivago you will find those who aren’t afraid of change but rather embrace it, turning every challenge into a pathway for growth. Join trivago, work with a great team, and grow with us!
Join us in making a difference
You'll play a critical role in ensuring the reliability, performance, and availability of both our user-facing and backend applications. We're seeking a DevOps Engineer who embodies the best practices and principles described by DevOps methodology. As an interface between our Platform, DX, and Product teams, you'll design and maintain scalable infrastructure, advocate for our golden path among engineering teams, and actively gather feedback to optimize our tech stack. Your role is crucial in bridging platform.
How you’ll make an impact:
- You will spend time working closely with engineering teams. You will be influencing them in the process of systems design, implementation, release flow creation.
- You will define SLOs and configure monitoring and alerting of new services, to ensure stable and reliable operations.
- Most of our applications are containerised. Nevertheless, we see room to standardise release processes and configuration management across our applications. Your objetive will be to support us with that.
- Educate the teams how to benefit from the standards agreed on across the organisation. Promote golden path solutions and discourage usage of inefficient custom made implementations.
- Collaborate with Platform and DX teams on proof of concepts that introduce new elements to our tech stack, like Kyverno, config-connector, Knative, Keda and other components that can improve our ecosystem.
- Use terraform (infrastructure as code) to provision cloud components needed by our services. This applies to new services as well as some legacy systems that were provisioned using GCP console.
- You will be participating in the fully paid on-call rotation for a part of the trivago website.
- Solid Google Cloud Platform knowledge and experience
- IaC experience – Terraform
- Experience in using Istio Service Mesh
- Understanding of at least one programming language: Java/Kotlin, Golang, Rust, NodeJS. You should be able to explain what differentiates those languages.
- Understanding of key concepts described in the SRE book by Google: Toil Reduction, Monitoring and Alerting, SLIs/SLOs/SLAs, Incident Management, Capacity Planning, Postmortem/Root cause analysis.
Our tech stack:
- Kubernetes / Istio / ArgoCD / Docker
- Thanos / Grafana / Honeycomb
- GitHub / GitHub Actions / Jenkins
- Google Cloud / Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Kafka / Redis / MySQL
- NodeJs / Kotlin / Java
- HTTP / GRPC / GraphQL
- React / Webpack
Worried about missing a few requirements? Still apply, and express your motivation as you may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
Thank you for considering a career at trivago! Our commitment to fostering an inclusive and enriching environment for all talents is at the heart of what we do. We understand that embarking on a new job opportunity is a blend of excitement and curiosity. Should any questions arise before you apply, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. Join us in our mission to make a positive impact on global travel, we look forward to your application!